Saturday, August 21, 2010

Reflections/Insights on my Personality Traits Test

Personality, in my deepest understanding, is like a painting put on the wall. It portrays a scene of life that was given reality by the colors. Colors that signifies emotions, feelings, happenings and even miracles. Somehow, the painting shows a life size occurrence of an excessive enthusiasm of humans living in the world of madness. Personality is unique; it is definitely our differences from the other. It is absolutely a distinctive part of us as His children and precisely the greatest peak of our soul. Nothing can ever be compared to our own personality, either good or bad, we was born to have that grace to be called as “inborn”. And no on is abducted for ransom because of his/her personality, for personality is the only shiniest diamond we could ever have that is not shown directly unless everything around you is TRUE. Personality does really matter with who we are and where we are. Personality is also treated as our own asset as a person. This can be our key of entering the kingdom of success and might be the password to open and touch a protective heart of someone else. Endlessly, personality is such an up bringing air for us to continue life despite of many trials, problems and difficulties.

When we have our personality traits test in IT Electives [Technopreneurship1] subject, I was more like afraid of what the result would be. I don’t know why do I feel like that, but I am really doubtful if I would pass my own test or not. The personality traits test that we are taking at that moment is a kind of test that determines if we could be a technopreneur or not. Then just when I found out that my score is 41. Gladly, my result to that test state that I’m quiet good to be technopreneur. Indeed, I am happy! I was happy not because I got high score but because I have found new confidence within myself that my personality is a great help to become a, somehow technopreneur. It is amazing for me to know that I have the chance to be a technopreneur someday. So for me, that just means that I have business skills. Skills that I can use in the future and are either can lift me up from poverty or give me stability in living. On the other way around, may be my result for that test means that I am better in handling business works than programming. But then, that test won’t affect my goals in life otherwise if I let it change me, there is a possibility that I will doubt myself for taking up BSIT course. Nevertheless, I do not treat the test as a bad effect for me, what I am trying to say is that, it is just one of those different tests that measure our capability, ability and skills. So for that, I would still believe in my self of what I feel or perhaps I can take it as part of my learnings but not as one of my guidelines in walking through the road of life because only God knows what we can be in the progressive days.

Strangely, I have described and stated my personal interpretation of what a personality is and my understandings regarding on the result of my personality traits test, in contrast, I have not made mentioned of where did I get my personality or from whom did I have develop it. Merely, it comes from my parents or an inheritance and development with the surroundings I have. It is more elaborated when I was just a small girl depending on the decisions and words of my parents. With what I see and comprehend of how my mother and father handle their selves. It is rooted of the warmest love I feel from the people that surrounds me and a luminous image of my kins. Also my personality is an assertion of how my parents brought me into this world. It is how they showed me the true happiness of life, contentment of God’s love and the eagerness to be a good person and citizen of our country. Somehow, my personality also captures my attachment with the people around me and the aspect of the kind of living I had. Another is that it is also my earnings from saving respect for my parents and investing incomparable nobility for myself. It is always good to give exuberance happiness to everyone but we must always remain a candid love for ourselves. It is not selfishness; it is a perennial self esteem.

Now that I have delightedly depicted the existence of my personality, I will start introducing who is Mary Catherine O. Canoy is. Possibly, others might not believe of how I’m going to introduce myself but that won’t matter because most of the people labeled a person as to what they see and not by knowing them sincerely. I will begin it with my private life including my family. I am born and grown up with a small and happy family. We were happy in spite of many problems like the very common one, financial problem. Honestly, I am very overwhelmed with the parents I have now. They might not be as well educated as the others but they we’re the most gracious conquest I ever have since I was brought here. I am fortunate enough to have a complete family, understanding, caring and loving parents. When it comes to my mother and father, I am very different. I used to be weak and slow. I am weak in fighting against them and slow in judging them. But then, I am the strongest person if somebody hurts them, I do really fight for them. And I can do things modestly when I’m with them and is feeling contented. Pressures in schools are covered directly and seems like nothing is more worth my time but spending it with them. Comfortably, I can say that I am truer when I’m by their side even though my parents are not that open and expressive. But with the effort they have shown and given to me just to provide me the necessary love, care and understanding apparently, I am filled enough.

Relationship with our parents is more likely as 24K gold, forever be genuine. We cannot hear words against our mistakes but the outspoken words of wisdom, hope and consideration. The advice for our safetiness and secureness is an assurance for us to be better. Nothing is going to be graded with what would be our response for them because unconditional love is always there.

At this time, I’ll let you indulge to know my personality when it comes to the relationship with my friends. I generally make friend easily enough although I mostly don’t go out of my way just to demonstrate a positive feelings toward others. Yes! I have lot of friends but I only let few of them to stay beside me. Friends that are trustworthy enough and are loyal to me. For I usually assume that people are honest and fair, however I hold back form trusting them completely. The world is threatening place for everyone, I need to look to authority for comfort and security. I prefer to have few friends that many with an artificial concerns. I am a type of a friend that is candid, frank and sincere. I express my cared and loved for my friend frankly because I see no need for pretense or manipulation when I’m dealing with them. I usually make friends who can easily relate with the other side of me and honestly give me warnings with my mistakes. I am open with my feelings and mostly I express my true happiness and sadness of my life with them. In reality, I am much true person to my closest friends than the others, because I am afraid to give must trust, love and care for everybody and nothing comes back. I am not a choosy person when making friends, neither judgmental nor disloyal. But then I don’t want to have friends that are pretentious, fake, feeling like a rich and too much dependent. Honestly, I easily get annoyed with a person who acts like a millionaire but in reality they’re not. What I’m up to is that, I want friends that are realist and does not live in fantasy. Also, I hate friends that are too dependent on me. It is not that I don’t want to help, what I want is that a friend with dignity, can stand alone, having its own decision and is matured enough to balance things. I also don’t see nay regret of making or having friends that are not physically blessed, because in contrast with the blessed one, they see life more deeply, live it meaningfully and always have humility in their soul. For those, people who are not attached to me eternally, they find me strict and clumsy. But then I am still happy of how they see me as a person because that just means that my existence affects theirs.

For a moment like this, I would also love to introduce my real and true personality when it comes to studies. Boastfully, I am a type of a person that fully believes that I have the intelligence, common sense, drive and self-control necessary for achieving success. I am a well-organized student and like to live according to routines and schedules. I strive hard to achieve excellence and to be recognized as successful keeps me on track toward my lofty goals. I sometimes become single-minded and obsessed with my paper works or in programming. But as tomes goes by I continuously understand the world that everything is invasive and confusing, so I need the opinions and ideas of others. Becoming more mature, I learn to be wise when it comes to studies because not everyone around you is happy when you’re in success. There are always people who would try to pull us down. It wouldn’t be in a specific action but I have to be careful in choosing the person to trust and work with. As a person, in studying I always look forward to the future for I believe that the world is full of opportunities and options. So, I take time when making decisions and will deliberate on all positive consequences and alternatives. There are also times in my college life that my eagerness to let people believe in my works has gotten me in trouble with them. It might be my mistakes to let them depend on me but to think that those persons are matured enough to do things on their own, I don’t think it’s my loss anymore. Another side of me as a student is silent type. I used to be silent when ideas are running in my mind. And that side of mine is often misunderstood by my colleagues, for sometimes I tend to be seen as arrogant by other people. Again, I don’t mind it for it is not true. I couldn’t blame also if some of my classmates won’t understand the way I handle my studies. I have my own world in studying but I’m trying to reach out with them. I always want to be ready and aware when coming to school so despite of not having my own computer I tried to go to internet cafĂ© everyday and download all lecture slides and study. Yes! I sometimes hear words of discouragement from people around me that I’m too “gahot daw” and selfish. Perhaps they just don’t understand my situations. I have to be ahead in doing projects and assignments to cope with them. I understand their opinions and judgments, I will always be open for that because in that way I find more reasons and strength to strive hard and aim for the good.

But then, I am very much thankful to Lord for giving me such wonderful friends who used to be my group mates and partners in doing projects and assignments. We shared thoughts and ideas enabling each other to understand the lessons.

Those are my personalities but others I might not make mentioned are can be easily predict with what I have stated above. Personality is definitely an unfrailed one. Cannot be change but can be developed. There are circumstances that people might like us because of our certainty and others may not. We cannot please everyone but we must always put in our mind that we are not born to do stupid things for them instead we are born to live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment