Friday, August 6, 2010

How do you see yourself as a technopreneur?



“Dreaming of things you want is for free, but no one is obliged to grant it but yourself…”
-Canoy, Mary Catherine O.


           As I take-up this subject course Technopreneurship, nothing is really coming out from my lexicon. Even great ideas that would come from my own perspectives of what Technopreneurship is. This is really new to me, but I know that this is something that was derived from the word TECHNOlogy (involves gadgets and new inventions that lessens the burden of humans in doing different tasks) and entrePRENEURSHIP (field in the business that aims to gain large profit by risk and initiative). Not until our professor has tackled some of its goals and objectives in entering the world of Information Technology and Computer Science. One of the things I’ve learned from our first discussion is the phrase “GOES BEYOND THE LIMIT”. Actually it is part of our first quiz on the first meeting which I got the wrong answer. This phrase has enlightened me, honestly!


           When I chose to take-up BSIT, I thought that everything would be smoothly flowing in my accordance desire. But I was wrong; I have under estimated the field of computer. I’ve discovered that the world of computers is very wide that it will not happen that I should or I can limit my expertise on just a piece of its delicacies. Then, I experience the different types of programming language and strategies on making a program and web designing. In this particular moment, worries, consciousness and being clueless were covering my heart and brains. I was afraid of the reality that if ever I did not master every bit of the codes of making programs, where would be my future fall. In my mind is that there will be no sense of finishing this course if I cannot use it as my professionalism. Until TECHNOPRENEURSHIP was introduce to us. With out any biased, this is the only subject that gives me the other way to dream of becoming successful someday.


           From my own understanding on our lesson, Technopreneurship is a field or subject that somehow deals with business collaborated with technology to broaden the society of IT’s and to give great opportunities for aspiring IT graduates to stay and work in the Philippines. Amazingly, I have concluded that our skills in wide analization could be useful not only in programming but also in business fields. In deed, I feel lots of excitement regarding on what I have learned on the first part of Technopreneurship. Great ideas have already been flowing into my mind about sort of business plans to start with my co-IT studs. It is also a striking realization for all IT students and graduates not to limit their selves in just focusing in front of the monitor of the computer, planning to work abroad and limiting their selves to be a call center agent as the primitive way to get a work. With Technopreneurship subject, I have also realized that as an IT student I should not be frightened of the reality that it is harder to find good job in the future. For technopreneurship can help me and the sooner graduates of IT and CS to open and make opportunities for ourselves not just by the codes, creating programs, designing websites but also investing our skills and abilities in a business with the collaboration of technologies. But then I do admit that I’m also afraid of those possible stages that we IT and CS students must take first to pass this subject. We might encounter hardships, still, in the end; I believe that we can do it.


           As for now, I can see myself in the future as one of those Technopreneur. In this age, I cannot directly state how would I be handling business as a technopreneur or whom will I be in the field of technopreneurship. But given the chance to say how I would see myself as technopreneur, these are the things that follow:



As a technopreneur, I would like to have a business that, of course, involves computers in different good ways;


As a technopreneur, I would prefer to have a business together with my classmates right now;



As a technopreneur, I want to build a business in the location where many IT and CS students is staying or studying;



 As a technopreneur, I would like to see myself on the desk of a narra table checking properly and manageably all those transactions that are coming in and out of my office;


As a technopreneur, I would like to see myself as an employer or as an owner of an aspiring star company;

 As a technopreneur, I would like to see an environment in my business where everyone is enjoying their works;


As a technopreneur, I would want to have a business where everything is affordable, specially for those IT and CS students that needs less amount equipment for their projects and requirements;


As a technopreneur, I would like to see my self as an active member of Technopeneurship;



As a technopreneur, I want my to see my business as one of those upgraded businesses that would easily response to the seasonal needs of the customers;


As a technopreneur, I would like to see myself being awarded as “THE MOST OUTSTANDING TECHNOPRENEUR OF THE YEAR” ;

 

As a technopreneur, I would like to see myself as a rich person and with all humility I want to own a big mall;


As a technopreneur, I would like to be living here in the Philippines beside my parents;



As a technopreneur, I want to see my parents being happy for my work and that they are comfortable with the life I gave to them;

 As a technopreneur, I would like to see myself as a primeval model or inspiration of every people who wants to attain success in life;




And for most, as a technopreneur, I would like to see myself happy, being contented, with GOD and being an object of joy, graces and blessings to those who need help.


          With in my thoughts, it is easy to say all of those things that we dreamed of or desire. Sometimes we exaggeratedly voice out everything that has strike into our mind with what we want in the future. But no one is being urged to pay for his/her dreams and ambitions. Let’s just continue dreaming under the rays of the sun and spoil out the sweats and make our dreams come true. Striving hard and rowing the boat moderately and constant would be much better than sitting on the bench, waiting someone or some good things to arrive and make our life comfortable. As I’ve said “Dreaming of things you want is for free, but no one is obliged to grant it but yourself…” .

2 comments:

  1. “Dreaming of things you want is for free, but no one is obliged to grant it but yourself…”


    bongga!!!!!!ganahan q!!!

    ReplyDelete