Tuesday, June 21, 2011

On The Job Training [first week]

The first week of my on the job training is not that much productive, since I started my duty on Wednesday I only have 4 days to do. As a neophyte, I do first some observations of how this company and the environment evolve inside its premises. As to what I observe, the business transaction of this company is all about distributing different products to malls, groceries and small stores. This involves product name as follows: UFC, MONDE, EUROBAKER, SMART, EV and etc.
 In the part of IT department, people there are not what really those people whose work is to do hard coding. Instead, IT department do database support, technical support and networking like reformatting issued PC’s and laptops of the company to their employees, software installation such as Microsoft Office, Team Viewer, QuickBooks, Adobe Reader, Remote Admin and Antivirus like Avira. These are the software commonly installed to old and new PC’s which are essential to the company’s daily business transactions.  My second day is all about file handling, since the MJ (Mead Johnson) department needs extra help for their accounting process since they are competing with the deadlines, I was task to separate their sales with an official receipt dated October 2010-present from the old sales and it takes a whole day for me to get the job done because it’s not only 10 or 20 stores record to encounter, it is more of what I think. The third day is more on technical issues like troubleshooting on printers, WIFI set-up and one IT technician have discussed to us regarding on the network problem of Euro Baker. With that, my learning from Network Technology 1 and Network Technology 2 are being recalled but still the problem remains unsolved because the server of euro baker provides a static IP address which is, for me, vague to imagine of how the gateway, IP addresses and routers or switches affect each other.
 By the next day, Saturday, is all about troubleshooting. Regarding with the Inventory System which is our project for our whole OJT period in this company, our data gathering is not yet enough to develop a project proposal and feasibility study because we are still waiting for the ongoing inventory that this company is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment